- 520 g plain flour
- 15 g dried yeast
- 35 g castor sugar
- 320 g water
- 2 level teaspoons mixed spice
- 1 level teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 level teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 40 g Butter
- 30 g plain flour
- 1/4 level teaspoons castor sugar
- 50 g water
- 1 level tbsp smooth apricot jam
- water, warm, (Just enough to dissolve jam)
1h 55minPreparation 1h 30minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Add yeast,castor sugar, 2 teaspoons of flour and 100g water to . Mix 37c, 2min speed 1. Leave for approx 10 mins for yeast to activate
2. Add remaining flour, spices, butter to . Mix 6 seconds speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl. Mix further 6 seconds,speed 6.
3. Add 150g water then 2 min whilst adding fruit slowly through lid.
4. Set dough aside approx 40 min in floured bowl covered in plastic wrap to prove.
5. Once proved, divide dough into 12 equal piece. Form into rounds & place onto baking tray. Set aside for a further 20 mins.
6. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200c and prepare cross paste. Mix ingredients to form a thick paste. Place in piping bag & pipe across prepared buns before baking.
7. Bake for 25minutes until golden.
8. Allow to cool slightly before glazing.
9. To glaze, mix jam & warm water til dissolved. Brush over buns while still warm.
Accessories you need
Recipe is suitable for both tm5 & tm31.
if you prefer a lighter style bun, you could add 2 tsp of bread improver with the dry flour
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.