- 160 grams Butter
- 150 grams Self Raising Flour, equal to 1 Cup
- 90 grams desicated coconut, equal to 1 Cup
- 150 grams brown sugar, equal to 1 Cup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 can condensed milk
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp Butter
- 400 grams macadamia nuts, cut in halves
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 180 deg C
Line a lamington tray with baking paper
Add butter to Time 2 mins / 70 degs
Add rest of base ingredients Time 10 secs / Speed 4
Scrape down sides of bowl and press mix into tray and bake for 10 mins
Remove and allow to cool
Caramel Layer - while base is cooling
Add all the ingredients to and cook Time 8 mins / 90 degs / Speed 2
Check and cook an extra minute at speed 2 if colour not to your liking - darkness
Allow to cool a couple of minutes then spread caramel evenly over base
Spread nuts evenly over the caramel until completely covered
Place in oven and cook for 10 to 15 minutes and nuts are golden
Allow to cool then place in fridge
Cut into desired portions when completel cold.
Caramel Macadamia Slice
Accessories you need
This is a great slice to freeze - if you like you can eat it straight from the freezer
Everybody will want this receipe
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- GF Chocolate Peppermint Melting Moments