- 450 grams banana
- 10 grams lemon juice
- 450 grams all purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons bicarb soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 175 grams soften butter (room temp)
- 211 grams sugar
- 3 eggs, or whole egg if you prefer
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 340 gram buttermilk, Or milk soured with 1 tbs of white vinegar or lemon juice
2h 10minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to 135 degrees and lightly coat loaf pan (30x15cm) with cooking spray and baking paper.
- In a bowl place banana and lemon juice"Blend" 5 seconds / speed 6"Counter-clockwise operation"
- Add flour, salt, bicarb soda "Gentle stir setting" 5 sec / speed 4 and set aside.
- Add butter, sugar and "Counter-clockwise operation" for 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape dowen sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- "Gentle stir setting" 2 minutes/speed 4, place lid without MC. Add eggs one at a time. The add flour mix and alternate with dash of butter milk until all in bowl.
- Add bananas and "Gentle stir setting" 30 seconds /speed 2
- Pour the batter into the cake pan, and place in oven or 90 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
- As soon as you take the cake out of the over, put in into the freezer for 45 minutes.
- Take out of freezer, then out of tin for it cools completley. Enjoy!
Kathy's Not so Secret Banana Bread
Accessories you need
To make buttermilk, add 1 tbs white vinegar or lemon juice and let ferment for 10 minutes.
A nice addition is to add walnuts at the same time as the bananas for some additional texture!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- German Chocolate Cake
- Fig & Almond Cake
- Banana Bran Muffins
- Magnolia Kitchen 'Charlotte's' Chewy Chocolate chip cookies
- Chocolate Keto Fat Bombs 💥
- Anya's Banana Bread
- Bec's Table 1 hour Hot Cross Buns
- Variation Kathy's Not So Secret Banana Bread
- kiwi crisps
- Raspberry Coconut Slice
- Churro cheesecake slice