- 180 g almonds
- 70 g rice flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 150 g raw sugar
- 1 peel of a large lemon or 2 small lemons
- 180 g yoghurt
- 100 g olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
1h 5minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Pre-heat fan forced oven to 160° C.
2. Grease and line cake tin (I use a 22cm round springform tin)
3. Weigh almonds into bowl and mill 10 seconds, speed 10 to make almond meal.
4. Add rice flour, baking powder, and salt and mix speed 4, 4 seconds.
5. Set dry ingredients aside in a separate bowl.
6. Without washing the bowl weigh sugar into the bowl and add lemon peel. Chop 5 seconds, speed 10.
7. Scrape bottom of bowl to loosen mixture.
8. Add yoghurt, olive oil, eggs and vanilla bean paste. Mix 4 seconds, speed 4.
9. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and mix 4 seconds, speed 4. The batter will be quite wet.
10. Pour batter into greased and lined cake tin.
11. Bake in oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until cake is just firm to touch.
12. Allow to rest in tin for 10 minutes. Remove from tin and cool.
13. Dust cake with icing sugar.
This cake can be made lactose free by using lactose free yoghurt.
This recipe was loosely adapted from the blog Londonbakes //londonbakes.com/2014/01/lemony-yoghurt-cake.html
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Banana oat pancake
- Hearty Beef Stew With Dumplings
- Kyiden’s Mac n’ Cheese
- Banana pudding cake
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream