- 140 grams Flour, Plain
- 70 grams Butter
- pinch salt
- 2-4 tbsp water, chilled
- 3 lemons, rind and juice (medium sized)
- 90 grams sugar raw
- 30 grams Butter
- 45 grams cornflour
- 3 egg yolks
- 250 grams water
- 3 egg whites
- pinch salt
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 200'C.
Weigh flour and butter into TM bowl and combine 10 sec/sp 6, until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
Add salt and 2 tablespoons of the chilled water. Replace lid, set dial to closed lid position ( ) and knead . You do not need to set a timer for this. If the dough is not coming together, add a little more water, a half tablespoon at a time, until the dough holds together in larger pieces.
Remove dough and use your hands to make a smooth ball. Wrap this in gladwrap or place in a small airtight container, in the fridge, for 15 minutes.
Remove the dough from fridge, roll out into a circle shape and carefully press into a 20cm pie dish. Cut off overhang and crimp the edge. Prick the base all over with a fork, line with crumpled baking paper and cover in pie weights or uncooked rice.
Bake pastry case for 12 minutes, remove the rice and bake for a further 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, prepare your lemon curd.
Peel lemons with a potato peeler, making sure to leave the white pith behind. Juice the lemons and set aside for later.
Place lemon peel and sugar into TM bowl. Mill 10 sec/sp 9. If peel is not well grated, scrape down and repeat.
Add all other curd ingredients, including lemon juice, to TM bowl (carefully separate eggs and reserve whites for later) and cook 10 min/90'/sp 4. Scrape out into a bowl, cover and leave to cool.
Wash and clean TM bowl well.
- Insert butterfly into scrupulously clean bowl. Add egg whites and salt.
Beat 4 min/37'/sp 4.
Turn the speed to 3 and slowly add caster sugar in half-tablespoons, pausing to allow sugar to be fully incorporated into meringue after each addition. Meringue should be glossy and thick.
- After pie crust has come out of oven, spread lemon curd into bottom of case, smoothing it to achieve an even layer right to the crust.
Use spatula to scrape meringue on top, covering lemon curd completely.
Return to oven and bake 12 minutes, until meringue is lightly golden.
Remove from oven. Pie needs about 15 minutes to rest to allow curd to set sufficiently.
Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Assemble and bake pie:
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quince conserve
- Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Hot Cross Buns with plain flour
- Best Chewy Anzac Biscuits
- Cinnamon Tea Cake
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Vegie Quiche
- Cinnamon Zucchini Loaf
- Easy Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Raspberry Lemon Custard Cake
- Bacon, Ricotta & Roast Capsicum Quiche
- Quick Zucchini Quiche
- Quark - German spreadable cheese