THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 2 oranges, Rind & juice
- 225 grams Butter, cubed
- 200 grams sugar
- 2 Eggs, Large
- 250 grams Plain flour Or gluten free plain flour
- 250 grams buttermilk
- 1 level teaspoon baking powder
- 210 grams brown sugar
Preheat oven to 190 degrees C
Place rind of 2 oranges into TM bowl. Grate for 10 seconds on speed 9. Put aside (don't clean bowl).
Add the eggs and buttermilk. Mix for 40 seconds on speed 4.
Add the flour, baking powder and rind. Mix for 20 seconds on speed 4. Scrape sides and incorporate any remaining flour, don't over mix.
While muffins are baking, in a clean TM bowl, place the orange juice and brown sugar. Mix for 20 seconds on speed 4. Don't worry if the brown sugar doesn't completely dissolve, or if there is pulp in the juice, the syrup is delicious when it is grainy.
As soon as the muffins are cooked, drizzle the syrup on top and allow to rest in the tins.
The original recipe calls for 2 cups plain flour. This conversion is based on White Wings Gluten Free Plain Flour. Adjustments may need to be made for other flour varieties.
A substitute for buttermilk: add 20 grams white vinegar to 230 grams milk.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- GF Chocolate Peppermint Melting Moments
- Custard Square
- Lemon Coconut Cake
- Vegan Cheesecake
- Mars Bar Chocolate Crackles