- 2 eggs
- 110 g Margerine
- 250 g full cream milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 260 g sugar
- 290 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon Coffee Essence
- 7 heaped tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 heaped tablespoon cocoa
- 1/2 heaped tablespoon Butter
- hot water
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add all ingredients in order listed except for Vanilla and Coffee Essence into Thermomix.
- Beat 1min/Speed 4.
- Scrape sides of bowl with spatula.
- Mix again 2 mins / Speed 4 and add Vanilla and Coffee Essence whilst mixing.
- Mixture should thicken after mixing. If not mix for another 30 seconds.
- Scrape mixture into baking paper lined lamination tin at 160 degrees for 40 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in tin and transfer to container.
- Add icing sugar, cocoa and butter to bowl (hand mix).
- Add hot water one tablespoon at a time mixing well after each addition.
- once desired consistency is achieved spread over cooled cake with a spatula and top with sprinkles if desired.
- Cake will keep up to a week in the fridge and in cooler climates a couple of days on beanch.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.