- 270 g carrots, peeled &amp; chopped into chunks
- 75 g Walnuts or Pecans
- 80 g sultanas
- 2 eggs
- 80 g Rapadura Sugar
- 170 g oil
- 120 g Spelt Flour (white or whole)
- 40 g SR flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract/paste
- pinch salt
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 100-160 g pure icing sugar (white)
1. Pre heat overn to 180 degrees C
2. Place sugar into the bowl and mill for 10 seconds speed 10, set aside
3. Place nuts into bowl and press Turbo for 2 x 1 second, set aside
4. Place carrot into bowl and grate for 4 seconds speed 8, set aside
5. Without rinsing bowl place eggs, sugar, oil into bowl and mix for 10 seconds, speed 5
6. Add flours, bicarb, spice, vanilla and salt and mix for 10 seconds speed 5. Scrape & repeat if needed
7. Add carrot and mix for 10 seconds speed 3
8. Add nuts and sultanas and mix 10 seconds speed 3 or until combined
9. Pour into silicon cup cake moulds or similar and bake for 25-30 mins or until skewer comes out clean
10. Allow to cool and ice with cream cheese frosting
1. To a clean and dry bowl add cream cheese, lemon juice and icing sugar and mix for 10 seconds on speed 5 scrape and repeat until combined. Add more icing sugar depending on stiffness required.
2. Spread evenly over cup cakes and decorate with a nut or fondant carrot if you wish!
Cream Cheese Frosting
You could leave the nuts out if needed.
You can use any type of sugar or flour if you don't have Spelt or Rapadura sugar
You can make this as one big cake instead of mini cakes, incease cooking time to approx 50 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
These freeze well iced or uniced.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.