- 200 g fresh or frozen raspberries
- 100 g caster sugar
- 20 g lemon juice
- 330 g white sugar
- 250 g egg whites, (approx. 8 egg whites), room temperature
- 1 pinch cream of tartar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 600 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 20 g frozen raspberries, thawed and well-drained
- 500 g Fresh mixed berries, for garnishing
1. Place all coulis ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 4 min/90°C/speed 4. Transfer into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Preheat oven to 150°C. Line 2 large baking trays (40 x 35 cm) with baking paper. Trace 2 circles (approx. 20 cm) on the underside of each piece of baking paper, then set baking trays aside.
Place 200 g of the white sugar into mixing bowl and mill 15 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
Place remaining 130 g white sugar into mixing bowl and mill 15 sec/speed 9. Transfer into bowl with the previous batch and set aside. Thoroughly clean and dry mixing bowl.
Insert butterfly whisk. Place egg whites and cream of tartar into mixing bowl and whip 5 min/37°C/speed 3.5, without measuring cup.
With butterfly whisk still in place, mix 5 min/37°C/speed 3, slowly adding reserved sugar through hole in mixing bowl lid 1 spoon at a time until well combined.
With butterfly whisk still in place, mix 40 sec/speed 3, adding vinegar, vanilla and cornflour through hole in mixing bowl lid until combined.
Spoon mixture into traced circle guides to form discs approx. 4-6 cm thick. Bake for 10 minutes (150°C), then reduce oven temperature to 120°C and bake for 1 hour (120°C).
Turn oven off and leave pavlova discs to cool completely in the oven with the oven door shut (approx. 3 hours or overnight). Clean and dry mixing bowl and butterfly whisk.
Re-insert butterfly whisk. Place cream into mixing bowl and whip until soft peaks form/speed 3.5, watching cream carefully through hole in mixing bowl lid.
Add raspberries and mix 10-20 sec/speed 2, or until just combined.
To assemble pavlova stack, place 1 of the discs onto a serving platter. Top disc with half of the raspberry cream, then decorate with half of the fresh mixed berries and drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons of the reserved coulis. Place remaining pavlova disc on top, then repeat layering with remaining cream, fresh berries and 1-2 tablespoons of the coulis. Serve immediately.
You can make the pavlova discs up to 2 days in advance. Once completely cooled at the end of step 9, transfer to a sealable storage container and store in a cool, dry place.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Old fashioned Vanilla tea cake
- Malt loaf
- Healthy Coconut & Oat Slice
- Custard Cross Buns
- Fairy cakes
- Easy Chocolate Cake
- Apricot crumble slice (AWW)
- Vanilla Buttercream Icing
- Kirsten's Baked Vanilla Fig Cheesecake with Balsamic Fig Glaze
- Chocolate Beetroot Brownies
- Greek Yoghurt Cherry and Almond Muffins
- Healthy Slice
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Zucchini, Ham and Corn Bites
- Healthy Coconut Custard
- Custard Cross Buns
- Chunky beef, bacon and red wine pie filling
- "Rice cakes" with blueberry sauce.
- Knafeh (Middle Eastern Custard Dessert)
- Cauliflower steaks with lemon coconut sauce
- Cherry Sauce
- Cherry yoghurt cheesecake
- Christmas Shortbread
- Cel's Delicious Honey Chicken
- Hot Chocolate