- 250 g Milk, use your dairy free milk of choice. I used almond.
- 1 tbsp dried instant yeast
- 4 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 500 g Baker's Flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 70 g Butter, dairy free
- 50 g sugar, raw or brown
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 100 g chocolate chips, use cold from fridge or freezer
- 80 g Flour, Plain
- 15 g cocoa powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- 100 g water
- 2 tablespoons Espresso coffee, brewed
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar
- Place 250g of milk of choice and 1 tbsp yeast into mixing bowl and heat 3 mins/37 degrees/speed 1
- Stir through 4 tablespoons of instant coffee (you could add espresso if you like)
- Add 500g baker's flour, 1 pinch of salt, 70g butter, 50g sugar, 2tsps cinnamon, and mix 6 sec/speed 7
- Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula then knead 2 mins
- Transfer dough on to your Thermomat and work into a ball. Wrap in your Thermomat and leave in a warm place to prove or until doubled in size. (approx 30 minutes)
- Knock down and divide into 12 equal sized pieces. Flatten and add a few choc chips then shape into your buns. (Using cold choc chips helps them to keep their shape)
- Place onto a prepared baking tray, close together but not touching. Then set aside to prove again. Wait until your buns are touching before adding piping.
Place 80 plain flour, 15g of cocoa powder (leave out if you want white crosses), 1 pinch of salt, 1 tsp of olive oil and 100g water into mixing bowl and mix for 30 sec/speed 4
(add more water if you need to)
- Pour into piping bag (or ziplock bag or clean and empty sauce bottle) and pipe crosses onto the top of your buns.
- Bake for 10-15 mins (pre-heated at 220 degrees) or until golden brown.
- Place 2 tbsp espresso and 2 tbsp raw sugar into mixing bowl and cook 2 min/100 degrees/speed 4
- Using a pastry brush, apply hot syrup onto buns while still warm.
This recipe is adapted from the Hot Cross Buns on Cookidoo and in the Basic Cook Book.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Baked Cottage Cheese crepes
- Peanutbutter choc chip cookie
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie