- 200 g lukewarm water
- 80 g freshly brewed coffee
- 5 tsp dried instant yeast
- 40 g milk powder
- 2 tsp bread improver
- 80 g sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 40 g mild tasting oil
- 200 g dark chocolate chips
- 30 g bakers flour
- 70 g water
- 40 g sugar, 40
- 40 g Boiling water
- Add all dough ingredients apart from choc chips.
- Knead 6 minutes dough function.
- Wrap in a thermomat & allow the dough to sit for 20 minutes.
- Knock down the dough and add back to thermomix bowl with choc chips, knead for 2 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 or 15 equal portions and shape into tight balls. Pop onto a tray 1cm apart so that they rise into each other.
- Place your tray in a nice warm moist area to prove. Sprinkle water onto formed buns and cover with glad wrap. Buns are ready once they have doubled in size.
- When the buns are almost ready to bake, add the cross mixture to a zip lock bag and mix.
- Cut the corner off the bag and pipe x’s on the top of all your buns.
- Once the buns have just more than doubled in size cook for approximately 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Take off tray & place on cooling rack. If you like softer tops on your buns cover with a tea towel for 5 minutes.
- Mix boiling water and sugar until dissolved, glaze buns while hot.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Yummy Apricot and Coconut Balls
- Light Fruit Cake
- CWA pumpkin scones
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- passionfruit meringue cake (womans weekly)
- Heidi's German Streusel cake with apple and pudding
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Chickpea Slice
- ANZAC Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Chocolate Salted Caramel Melting Moments