- 2 large carrots
- 200 g brown sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 150 g Rice Bran Oil
- 3 eggs
- 215 g plain flour
- 1.5 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 85 g sultanas
- 65 g white sugar
- 250 g cream cheese, roughly chopped into 3cm squares
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Grease a 22cm round springform ring tin or a 20cm round baking tin.
2. Peel and cut carrots into 3cm pieces (roughly).
3. Place carrots in TM bowl. 5 secs/speed 5
4. Pour out grated carrot and set aside.
5. Place sugar and oil in TM bowl. 30 secs/speed 6
6. Add eggs in TM bowl. 20 secs/speed 6.
7. Add flour, baking powder, bicarb, cinnamon, ginger, reserved carrot and sultanas into the TM bowl. 15 secs/speed 1.
8. Pour out cake mixture into prepared tin. Bake for 45 minutes.
Start with a clean and dry TM bowl.
1. Place sugar in TM bowl. 5 secs/speed 10.
2. Use spatula to scrape down the TM bowl.
3. Insert butterfly whisk.
4. Add cream cheese and lemon juice to TM bowl. 2 mins/speed 3.
5. Ice the cake when cool. Grate some lemon rind over the frosting prior to cutting the cake.
To make the cake
To make the Cream Cheese Frosting
Accessories you need
Cake may be made the day before and iced on the day of serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.