- 60 gram dark chocolate
- 400 g tin or cooked fresh beetroot, (sliced or whole)
- 180 g plain flour
- 1 level teaspoon bicarb soda
- 160 g oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 200 g sugar
- 30 g cocoa
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Break chocolate into pieces and grate 10 sec Sp 9.
1. Drain beetroot (if using tinned) and puree 10 sec Sp 6. Scrape down sides and repeat. Pour into another bowl and set aside.
2. Put eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla essence into TM bowl (no need to wash bowl) and mix 30 sec Sp 4.
3. Add flour, cocoa and bicarb soda and mix 10 sec Sp 3. Scrape down sides of bowl.
4. Add the pureed beetroot and combine 20 sec Sp 3.
5. Pour into greased and lined 20 cm cake or loaf tin and bake 180 C for 45-55 minutes. Check that it is cooked by inserting a skewer into the centre - should come out clean.
6.Remove from the oven and let it cool in tin for about 10 mins.
7.Remove from tin and sprinkle grated chocolate topping over while still hot. This will melt and form a nice chocolate crust on top.
Accessories you need
Can ice with chocolate ganache or chocolate buttercream icing if preferred.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- 2-4-6-8 Cake (or Muffins)
- Power Protein Balls
- Beef hotpot
- Christmas panettone pudding
- Lemon biscottini
- Super moist chocolate cake (gluten and dairy free and no added sugar)
- Middle eastern syrup cupcakes
- Malteser cupcakes
- Cheesecake brownies
- Buttermilk sorbet
- Chocolate and pear cake
- Peanut butter and dark chocolate cookies
- Continental layer cake
- Ricotta gnocchi with tomato sauce
- Pizza pasta salad
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Maltese Baked Rice
- Tomato, lentil and fish dahl
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Classic Satay Sauce
- Pad see ew
- Chicken Wing & Vege Soup