- 140 grams raw sugar
- 4 Eggs, Large, Separated
- 1 tablespoon custard powder
- 100 grams cornflour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon Bi Carb Soda
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Pre heat oven to 175 C , grease 2 20cm cake tins lightly with butter and sprinkle 1 tablespoon of plain flour in each tin and run flour around tin till it is all covered. Shake remaining flour into sink.
2. Add custard powder, cornflour, cream of tartar and bi carb to a very clean bowl, sieve 5 seconds speed 2. Set aside.
3. Wash and dry bowl very well
4. Mill raw sugar 6 seconds speed 9, set aside.
5. Insert butterfly whisk, add egg whites and whip 2 mins speed 3.5.
6. Set time to 8 minutes, speed 3 and gradually add sugar till all used. Stopping once to scrape sides of bowl. With 20 seconds remaining add egg yolks .
7. Add dry ingredients then mix 30 seconds speed 1.
8. Divide sponge mixture between 2 tins and drop tins on bench 3 times to release air bubbles, bake 20-23 minutes.
9. Remove from tins onto a tea towel To cool .
10. Ice with butter icing and fill with whipped cream.
Start with a very clean bowl, I suggest doing a vinegar wash and dry bowl very well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Grain free chocolate mud cake cupcakes
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Protein Bars
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Biscuits
- Dee's Magnificent Shortbread
- Hemp lovlies - vegan
- Breastfeeding (lactation) cookies
- Bounty Cake
- Simple Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Mandy’s Chicken and Mushroom Filling
- Brown sugar and toffee cookies
- Tasty Shepherds Pie
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Custard (like Paul’s)
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Knefah Cups
- Dutch chocolate pudding
- Chicken and Veg Pie