- 225 g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 120 g vegetable oil, plus extra for greasing
- 150 g raw sugar
- 275 g coconut milk
- 20 g lemon juice
- 2 lemons, zest only finely grated, no white pith
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 g fresh blueberries
- 10 g raw sugar
- 15 g lemon juice
- 50 g cold water
- 1 1/2 tsp cornflour
- 1 1/2 tsp cold water, extra
- 250 g coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tsp icing sugar
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
You will need 1 x 20cm spring form cake tin.
For the cake
Preheat oven to 190°C. Grease the sides and line the base of your springform cake tin with baking paper.
Place raw sugar into the mixing bowl and mill 5 seconds sp 9.
Add all wet ingredients and lemon zest and mix together 5 seconds sp 5.
Add the plain flour and make a shallow well in the centre of the flour.
Add the baking powder, bicarb soda and salt into the well.
NOTE: avoid adding the baking powder and bicarb soda directly to the liquid to prevent them from reacting with the lemon juice.
Mix the ingredients together for 30 seconds sp 5. If necessary, scrap down the sides of the bowl and mix a further 10 seconds sp 5.
Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake tin and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the cake is a golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.
Transfer the baked cake to a wire rack and leave the cake to cool completely in its tin.
The cake will sink slightly and will come away from the sides of the tin which is perfectly normal for this cake.
Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Proceed with making the compote.
For the compote
Place the blueberries, lemon juice, sugar and cold water into the mixing bowl.
Place MC into position and cook for 5 minutes, .
At 60 seconds before end of cooking time mix the cornflour and extra cold water and add through top of lid no less than 30 seconds before end of cooking time.
Allow the compote to cool completely and store in the fridge until ready to use.
CAUTION: Take care when removing MC to add the the cornflour & water mix.
The compote will have thickened slightly. If not, cook for a further 1-2 minutes . Make sure you keep an eye on it so it doesn't become too thick.
For the topping
Mix all topping ingredients in a standard kitchen mixing bowl.
Spread the topping generously over the cooled cake.
Dollop the compote over the yogurt topping generously.
I used coconut milk made using the recipe from the 'Vegetarian Kitchen' cookbook.
You can used tinned coconut milk so long as it is of a good quality.
Do NOT use coconut cream as the cake becomes slightly bitter in taste.
Frozen blueberries can be used in place of fresh. Add an extra 2 minutes to the cooking time.
Assemble the cake just before serving.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake
- Healthy Banana and Chocolate Bread
- Thick Chicken Pasta Broth
- Creamy Fettuccini with Tuna
- Chicken, Tomato and Barley Soup
- Chocolate Cake
- Peanut Butter Gems
- Jersey Caramel Cheesecake
- Creamy Risoni Bake
- Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Parmesan
- Banana, Pineapple and Macadamia Cake
- Smoked Salmon Fettucinni
- Macaroni Cheese Bake
- Chocolate Custard Mousse
- Cake flour
- Gluten free bread - soft and flexible
- Easy budget sausage rolls
- Apple slice with Passionfruit Icing
- No-Mac Chicken Nuggets with Sweet 'N' Sour sauce
- Easy strawberry baked cheesecake
- NO WHEAT, LOW GLUTEN RAISIN BREAD
- Creamy tomato pasta sauce
- Heidi's German Spritz Cookies
- The Sisters Tomato Relish
- Light & Tangy Lemon Meringue Pie
- Nan's Little Kisses