- 120 grams dates, dried and pitted
- 20 grams Unsweetened cocoa or cacao powder
- 60 grams coconut oil or butter
- 100 gram water
- 150 grams coconut oil or butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 90 grams plain flour
- 60 grams Self Raising Flour
- 30 grams Cocoa or Cacao
- 45 grams desicated coconut
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 16 Easter eggs or sugared almonds
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1.Place dates in water to soak. Preheat oven to 180C. Line a square baking tin with baking paper.
If using butter place butter in bowl and melt 3m/70C/sp 1 or until melted.
If using coconut oil, pour liquid coconut oil into bowl, if solid warm on 37C/sp1 until liquid.
Add sugar, egg and vanilla extract to oil/butter in bowl. Mix 5sec/sp4. Add dry ingredients and combine 5sec/sp4, scrape down bowl then repeat 5sec/sp4.
Pour batter into prepared tray, smooth top and then bake for 25-30 minutes until firm to touch.
Set aside and allow to cool completely.
Add soaked dates and water, cacao or cocoa and cococnut oil to clean TM bowl. Blend for 1min on speed 9 until smooth. Scrape bowl and blend again on speed 9 for 30 seconds.
Pour ganache onto cooled slice. Place in fridge to set ganache.
When ganache has thickened decorate by placing Easter eggs in 4 x 4 rows. Cut slice into 16 serves, each serve topped with an easter egg. Refridgerate until ready to serve.
Accessories you need
This yummy 'ganache' is great for icing cupcakes or cakes and goes particularly well with magic bean cake for a grain free dessert.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mixie's cold brew coffee
- Mr Mixie's chilli con queso
- Tangy passion fruit slice
- Lime Coconut Pie
- Caramello Custard
- Choc-raspberry hot crossed buns
- Rice Bubble Slice - Refined Sugar Free
- Mixie's Spinach and Onion Cob
- Mixie's Famous French Onion Dip
- Fruit & Veg Slurplie
- 1 Ingredient Peanut Butter
- Eatra sneaky chocolate milkshake
- Custard Cake
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Easy as apple tea cake
- Scallion chicken
- cron milk
- Cheats Peach or Apple Kuchen
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup