- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 150 g sunflower seeds
- 200 g Apples, quartered, approx 2 apples
- 140 g rolled oats
- 90 g Coconut butter, (I use homemade)
- 90 g Coconut sugar, (or rapadura sugar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat overn to 180°C. Line slice tray with baking paper.
2. Make chia egg by mixing chia seeds with water unitl all seeds are wet; leave to thicken into a gel.
3. Add sunflower seeds and half (70g) of the oats to TM bowl. Grind at speed 9 for 15-20 seconds, until it is flour.
4. Add the apples and chop, speed 4 for 4 seconds.
5. Add chia, remaining oats (70g), coconut butter, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix for 15 seconds at speed 3, unitl mixed. Do not over mix as you want the apple to still be in little pieces, not puree.
6. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes until golden.
6. Remove from oven and place pan on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Then lift the slice out ( with the baking paper) and cool on a cooling rack unitl cold. Cut into slices and enjoy.
This is a soft slice. Pieces can be refrigerated which will make them a little firmer as the coconut butter cools and solidifies.
Accessories you need
Make slice sugar-free by using 120g dried dates ground up with the almonds and oats.
This recipe is a clone of Apple Oat slice but I needed a nut free version for school.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Big Batch Homemade Golden Syrup
- Baked Custard Tarts
- Dairy Free Mushroom and Bacon Carbonara
- Yummy Easy Vegetarian Pasties
- Quick and easy Quiche
- Beef Cashew and Rice
- Lisa's yummy "plain" biscuits
- Curried Cabbage with Cashews (Vegan)
- Easy "no milk" chocolate milkshake - vegan sugar free single serve
- Individual Trifles like Balfours - kid friendly
- Easy TM5 Honey Yoghurt
- Stuffed Chicken Breast rolled in bacon with mash and veg - all in one meal