- 250 g Orange pulp, (See below)
- 250 g natural almonds
- 6 eggs
- 150 g Rapadura Sugar
- 50 g raw sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder, (from EDC)
- 1000 g water
- 6 Whole oranges
1. Wash oranges
2. place oranges in Varoma tray
3. Place water into bowl and place varoma into position with lid on.
4. Steam oranges for 60min/speed 1
5. When oranges are done set aside to cool.
6. Once oranges are cooled cut into quarters and remove seeds.
7. Put quartered oranges (skin and all) into bowl and puree 40 seconds/speed 7
8.Remove pulp from bowl and measure into 250g lots.
9. Reserve 1x 250g batch.
(This amount shuold give you 3 batches. Keep one lot for this cake preparation. Freeze the other two batches and then orange pulp is ready for the next time you want to make this cake)
*Grease and line spring form cake tin and pre-heat oven to 180 degrees*
1. Place almonds into mixing bowl and mill 3-5 seconds/speed 9
2. Remove from bowl and set aside
3. Place eggs and sugar into mixing bowl. Mix together 30 seconds/speed 4. Scrape down sides.
4. Add almond meal, baking powder and orange pulp. Combine 30 seconds/speed 4. Scrape down sides and repeat 30 seconds/speed 4.
5. Place batter into prepared cake tin and bake 40-45 minutes. Or until scewer comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool and dust with icing sugar
7. Serve and enjoy!
Can be served with ice cream or cream on the side
Can be iced with cream cheese frosting if preferred to dusting with icing sugar.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Raspberry and lemon curd cake
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Peanut Butter Twix Bars
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (no sugar)
- Sticky Cinnamon Scrolls
- Carrot zucchini apple muffins
- Apple & Sultana Cookies (no sugar)
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Cheat's sourdough
- Basic Baleada
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Variation Chicken, Chorizo & Mushroom Risotto
- Knefah Cups