- 100 g raw sugar
- 7 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 50 g raw sugar
- 7 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoon peanut oil/other vege oil
- 60 g freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 110 g Self Raising Flour / Cake Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder (if SR Flour)
8Recipe is created for
1. Add raw sugar, blitz 10 seconds, speed 10.
2. Add orange zest, blitz 10 seconds, speed 10
3. Add the rest of the ingredients, 15 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down, and blitz another 10 seconds, speed 5. Set aside into a big mixing bowl
1. In your squeaky clean and dry Bowl B, add in your raw sugar, blitz 10 seconds, Speed 10.
2. Set aside.
3. Do not clean bowl, add in egg whites and then insert Butterfly.
4. Increase speed to 4, until you see foamy egg whites.
5. Add in cream of tartar and whisk at speed 4, until stiff peaks. To test, when you lift your bowl upside down, the egg whites do not fall. This may take a few minutes of whisking depending on your egg freshness.
1. Add in 1/3 into the batter (that was in the mixing bowl). Incorporate it in.
2. Add in the 2/3 in, cut n fold. Cut n fold. Cut n fold, gently. Tips on how to fold in your egg whites. I use this method shown in this youtube video. //www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yie5V37E1w (1:15 onwards)
3. Once incorporated, pour into cake tin and bake for 50 minutes. I tend to preheat oven at 180deg, and then turn it down to 160 when I put the cake in. Poke a skewer through it, to test if it is done. If still moist, bake for a little longer.
Batter (BOWL A)
Egg Whites B(Bowl B)
Mixing Both Batter and Egg White
Accessories you need
1. Bang the cake tin, firmly on the table, allowing air bubbles to escape.
2. Tip the chiffon cake upside down, during cooling time. This allows the cake to cool down, without sinking too much.
3. Do not use "NON STICK" baking cake tins. This cake needs to stick to the sides, to ensure that the cake rises up beautifully. Where to find these? These are hard to source... but I have seen some at House. Look around your Home/Kitchen shops.. you might just spot some.
In Asian countries, these are easy to find. Cheap and reliable.
All credits for recipe goes to //motheringcorner.com/2013/03/04/orange-chiffon-cake/ .
I only just converted it to a more TM friendly method.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Aussie Apple Pie
- Real Chocolate Brownies (LCHF)
- All-In-One Banana bread with a Honey Cream Cheese Spread
- Choc-orange sandwich biscuits
- Banana Muffins using leftover Almond Pulp from Almond Milk (vegan)
- VEGAN CHOCOLATE/COFFEE CAKE
- TRIPLE CHOC BROWNIE FLOURLESS
- Chocolate ANZAC Biscuits
- Nigella Lawson's Lemon Tendercake
- No bake muesli bars
- Traditional Mooncake
- Quick & Easy Banana Date Loaf
- Banana & Date Cake (Sugar Free)
- Malaysian Thick Satay Peanut Sauce
- Kaya (Coconut custard jam) - Thick and smooth
- 10 Minutes Authentic Clear Tom Yum Goong
- Mantau (Steamed Plain Chinese Buns)
- (Converted) Adam Liaw's Char Siu Pork Neck
- Steamed Mua Chee (Glutinous Rice Dollops with Peanut Sugar Crumbs)
- Tomato with Curry Leaves Soup
- Pane Al Cioccolato (Chocolate Chip Bun)
- Chinese New Year - Pineapple Jam Tarts
- Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies
- Easy Steamed Rice
- Beef and vegetable stew
- Gluten, Grain and Nut free Bread rolls
- Jumbo White Bread Loaf
- mayo egg free
- Mash and steamed veg
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Real Chocolate Brownies (LCHF)
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)
- Simple Carrot Salad
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE