- 500 grams parsnips, peeled and quartered
- 150 grams grapeseed oil (im sur eyou could use any oil)
- 2 large eggs
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 70 grams Saltanas
- 70 grams walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 130 grams plain flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 250 grams cream cheese icing
- juice of half a lemon
- 100 grams raw sugar
1) Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line 20cm spring cake tin
2) Place walnuts into bowl and chop 2 seconds speed 4. Set aside.
3) Place parsnips into the bowl and grate on speed 7 for 5 seconds and set aside. DO NOT over chop. Want a medium to fine grate.
4) Insert butterfly, add sugar, oil and eggs to the bowl and mix on speed 4 for 5-10 seconds
5) Add flour, bakin powder, bicarb soda, slat and cinnamon to the bowl and mix again speed 4 for 5 seconds.
6) Return the walnuts and parsnip to the bowl. Then add the saltanas. Mix on REVERSE/ speed 4-5 to fold through until all is combined.
7) Pour mix into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until skewer inserted comes out clean. However dont over bake. If the centre is slightly gooey it will set once cooled.
Once cooled layer with cream cheese icing below and decorate with crushed walnuts.
1) Add raw sugar and mill 10 sec/speed 10
2) Add remaining ingredients and mix for 5-10 seconds on speed 5-6 until combined.
CREAM CHEESE ICING
Converted and adapted from this recipe //www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/parsnip-cake-with-cinnamon-and-walnut-icing-recipe.html
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders
- Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
- Banana Cake
- Moist white chocolate and vanilla mud cake with cream cheese icing
- Moist Vanilla mud cupcakes
- My friend Gail's DATE AND GINGER MUFFINS
- Cranberry Cosmopolitan
- chocolate peanut butter frosting
- Coconut, lemon and white magic bean cake
- LYCHEE AND MINT KIDS BIRTHDAY SLUSHIES
- Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies Sandwhiches
- RAINBOW white bean birthday cake
- Morning Glory muffins (converted from Nico Moretti's Cooking Passions cookbook)
- Chermoula marinated chicken with moroccan beans and quinoa
- Rainbow cake with cream cheese icing