- 400 grams flour, (Soft or Standard)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250 grams Butter
- 100 grams icing sugar, (make in Thermomix)
- 2 eggs, (Mix with fork before adding)
- 120 grams Butter
- 120 grams sugar
- 120 grams almonds, ground, (grind on 9 for 15 secs)
- 2 eggs, (mix with fork)
- 20 grams flour, (standard)
- 2 pears, Peeled, cored and cut into eights
- water, To cover
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Sweet Pastry: Place the flour, salt, butter and icing sugar in the Thermomix bowl. Mix on 3 for 15 seconds. Add the eggs through the lid and pulse 6 times on the knead function. Tip out onto the bench, dust very lightly with flour and softly knead into a ball or disc. Wrap in plastic wrap and rest in fridge for 15 minutes.
Frangipane: Grind almonds and set aside. Add butter and sugar to bowl and mix on 3 for 10 seconds. Scrape down the bowl and repeat while pouring the eggs through the lid. Scrape down and add the ground almonds and flour. Mix on reverse/3 for 10 seconds.
To assemble: Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured bench and line a 28-30cm flan tin. Trim off the excess and dock the bottom with a fork. sprinkle with a light dusting of plain flour. Place baking paper on top and weigh down with rice or dried beans. Bake 15 minutes. Remove rice or beans and paper, then top with the frangipane. Spread frangipane mixture as level as possible. Place pears into a small saucepan then cover with water and raw sugar. Simmer with lid on for about 15 minutes or until pears are tender. Drain and cool slightlly. Arrange pears on top of frangipane filling. Bake 180 deg for approx 30 minutes until golden. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
This tart can be made with any combination of jam and fruit. It looks very effective made in individual flan tins. If you prefer a shiny top omit the icing sugar and brush with hot sieved apricot jam. Serve with whipped cream, marscapone, custard or ice cream.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Carrot Cake
- Fail free Muffins
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Frosting
- Banana Date Oatmeal muffins
- Mississippi mudcake
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Peanut butter cream cheese frosting
- Chocolate Coconut Macaroons (Vegan, DF, GF, No refined sugar)
- Gluten Free, Dark Chocolate, Orange Mud Cake with cream cheese & cacao icing (Varoma)