THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 120 grams Butter, Made in TM of course
- 100 grams golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100 grams rolled oats
- 150 grams plain flour
- 75 grams sugar
- 75 grams Dark Brown Sugar
- 50 grams dessicated coconut
- 100 grams Pistachios (shelled)
Recipe is created for
Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees C. Prepare 2 baking trays with a piece of baking paper on each.
Lightly toast pistachios in TM for 5 minutes, 100 degree, Reverse "Counter-clockwise operation" Speed Soft"Gentle stir setting"
Once lightly toasted, Put in locked lid position"Closed lid" and Turbo Pistachios once or twice or until rough chop is achieved.
Place butter and golden syrup into TM bowl. Heat for 2 minutes at 60 degrees on speed 2 until fully dissolved. Place bi-carb soda in TM bowl and mix for 5 seconds on Speed 3.
Add all remaining ingredients and set dial to closed lid position"Closed lid" and mix for 30-35 seconds on Interval speed"Dough mode"
Please one tablespoon of mixture (rolled into ball for a neater result) and flatten into approx. 7cm in diameter, leaving space between each one for spreading.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool on tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. The biscuits will be quite soft and crumbly when first out of the oven so handle as little as possible until partially cooled and firmed up.
Pistachio ANZAC Biscuits
Pistachios are native to Iraq and Afghanistan so I thought it would be particularly fitting to make an ANZAC biscuit using them as tribute to the Australian men and women who have served, and still serving, in these areas. Lest We Forget.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Custard Cross Buns
- Fleur's Cauliflower Muffins
- Mushroom Cappuccino with flavoured oil
- Banana Hazelnut & Honey Bread
- Carrot Cakes with Harissa Yoghurt
- Bánh Xèo - Crispy Vietnamese Pancakes with Nuoc Tuong - Yellow Bean Sauce
- Barbecue Sauce
- Cashew Cheese - dairy free
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Sautéed Chestnut Mushrooms
- Healthy Oat Slice
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Eggless Mini Banana Bread Muffins
- Pickled Beetroot
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Cake with Crumble
- My mum’s Mauritian Poutou
- Super Easy Waffles
- Peanut Satay Chicken