- 125 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 g sugar
- 115 g Butter
- 2 large eggs
- 6-10 plums, depending on their size, halved &amp; pitted
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon sugar to top
Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
Weigh in softened butter and sugar.
Mix on sp4 until fluffy and light in colour.
With TM still mixing on sp4, add eggs one at a time through the lid. Mix until well combined.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add the flour, baking powder & salt.
Mix sp4 until just combinded.
Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 22cm springform pan.
Press plum halves into the mixture, skin side up.
Sprinkle with lemon juice. Then the cinnamon. And then the sugar.
Bake in the oven until golden brown on top and set in the middle. Approx 45 - 50 minutes.
This is best left to cool. Served dusted with icing sugar, and a big scoop of cream or icecream and a nice cup of tea.
If you can leave the cake covered at room temperature over night, this allows the plummy juices to release into the cake even more and make for an even deliciouser result. (that's a real word!)
I buy plums with the best intentions, but never seem to eat them before they get squishy.
So this is a great way to use up any 'on the edge' fruits really. Works well with pear, apricot, even nectarines.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Banana and Blueberry Mini Loaf
- Fig, Almond and Orange Blossom tart by Layelle
- Whole Banana Bread
- Nut and gluten-free muesli bar
- Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie Slice
- Peanut Butter Caramel Slice (with gluten free option)
- White Choc Spiders