- 4 eggs, yolks and white separated
- 125 grams caster sugar
- 75 grams gluten free flour, Tried rice flour too, but texture is different.
- 1 tsp vanilla
- cooking oil spray, to grease baking/ roll pan
- 500 grams cooled boiled purple yam, peeled and boiled then cooled down
- 1/2 litre whipped cream, (2 cups whipped cream) or 1/2 litre full cream whipped in TM
- 100 grams icing sugar
- 100 grams softened butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- sweet coconut strings, for topping- optional (you can get this in a bottle from Asian stores)
Sponge Roll Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush a 24 x 30cm (base measurement) Swiss roll pan with melted butter and line with baking paper.
2. Insert the butterfly in the TM bowl and put the egg whites in the TM bowl and beat at speed 3.5 for 4 minutes.
3. Check through the hole to ensure they are whipped into stiff peaks. Transfer to a separate bowl.
4. Remove the butterfly from the TM bowl. Put the yolks, vanilla and sugar and mix at Speed 4 for 4 minutes.
5. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
6. Sift the flour and mix at reverse speed 2.
7. Pour into the lined pan and bake for 15 minutes.
8. In the meantime, soak a hand towel in cold water and wring the water out of the towel. Lay it on a flat surface and line with baking paper.
9. When the roll is baked, invert it on the baking paper with cold damp towel and form it into a roll.
10.Let it set for a few minutes.
Purple Yam Filling
1. Make the filling by putting the cooled boiled purple yam, butter and sugar in the (clean) TM bowl. Mix for 30 seconds, speed 7.
2. Add the whipped cream and mix for 10 seconds, speed 4.
1. Unroll the swiss roll and spread the purple yam filling. Roll it back again and peel away the baking paper.
2. Use the remaining of the purple yam filling to ice the roll.
3. Top with the sweet coconut strings.
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
You will need a swiss roll pan.
You wlll get a better consistency for icing the cake by using colder cream and purple yam.
Decorate the cake using a cake comb or a fork to make waves on the icing.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Breakfast Müsli in a Jar
- Chocolate coconut slice
- Custard Cake
- Choc Caramel Slice- made with Caramel Condensed Milk.
- Easy as apple tea cake
- Banana oat pancake
- Iced Chocolate Biscuits
- Cinnamon Apple Slice
- Musk Stick Fudge
- Banana pudding cake
- The Best Ever White Chocolate Mud Cake
- Dairy Free Vanilla Custard