- 300 g raw almonds
- 200 g Raw beetroot
- 200 g Dark Chocolate 70 %
- 180 g Sugar or substitute
- 80 g gluten free cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 eggs
1h 0minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius. Grease and line base of 20cm springform cake tin.
- Place almonds into TM bowl and mill for 15 seconds on speed 10. Set aside. No need to clean bowl.
- Put beetroot peeled and quartered in TM bowl and chop for 8-10 seconds on speed 5. Set aside. Rinse out bowl and dry.
- Break up chocolate into small pieces and place in TM bowl. Chop for 5 seconds on speed 8. Heat for 2 minutes/50 degrees/speed 3.
- Add all ingredients in with the chocolate and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and remix for a couple more seconds on speed 4 if necessary.
- Pour into cake tin lined with baking paper and bake for 30 - 40 minutes. Test with a skewer, it should be slightly sticky.
- Allow to mostly cool in cake tin.
Red Velvet Cake with Beetroot &Chocolate
This recipe used raw beetroot to color the cake but it cannot be tasted in the finished product.
Serve with natural yogurt or frost with a cream cheese frosting for a more traditional red velvet cake experience.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banana Choc Chip Muffins
- Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- Just a Minute, Baby Cakes
- Choc Chip Chunkies
- More Again - Paleo Banana Muffin
- Date & Weetbix Muffins
- Zucchini-Almond-Chocolate Slice
- Jubilee loaf ( served spread with butter)
- Blueberry yogurt muffins
- Peanut Drops
- Apple & Carrot Lactation Muffins
- Cranberry Bread