- 300 g raw almonds
- 200 g Raw beetroot
- 200 g Dark Chocolate 70 %
- 180 g Sugar or substitute
- 80 g gluten free cornflour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 eggs
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees celcius. Grease and line base of 20cm springform cake tin.
- Place almonds into TM bowl and mill for 15 seconds on speed 10. Set aside. No need to clean bowl.
- Put beetroot peeled and quartered in TM bowl and chop for 8-10 seconds on speed 5. Set aside. Rinse out bowl and dry.
- Break up chocolate into small pieces and place in TM bowl. Chop for 5 seconds on speed 8. Heat for 2 minutes/50 degrees/speed 3.
- Add all ingredients in with the chocolate and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and remix for a couple more seconds on speed 4 if necessary.
- Pour into cake tin lined with baking paper and bake for 30 - 40 minutes. Test with a skewer, it should be slightly sticky.
- Allow to mostly cool in cake tin.
Red Velvet Cake with Beetroot &Chocolate
This recipe used raw beetroot to color the cake but it cannot be tasted in the finished product.
Serve with natural yogurt or frost with a cream cheese frosting for a more traditional red velvet cake experience.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Dotty's Lemon and Sultana Tea Loaf
- Banana Nut Bread
- Mums Fluffy Cupcakes
- Apricot Slice
- Mrs Scotts' Almond Cake
- Butter cake with a hint of coconut and green tea
- Cornflake crunchies
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis
- The Daily Mix - Nut Free Bliss Balls