- 300 g dried fruit of choice
- 2 tbsp brandy
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 160 g Milk
- 55 g warm water
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- 50 g sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 500-530 g bakers flour
- Handful slivered or flaked almonds
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
8Recipe is created for
the fruit and citrus zest in the brandy for a few hours.
the oven to 190°C.
the butter, milk, warm water, yeast, sugar, vanilla and eggs into TM bowl and cook
for 2 minutes at 37ºC on speed 2.
the flour and mix for 5 seconds on speed 6.
dial to closed lid position and knead
for 2 minutes on Interval speed.
the dough in a Thermomix Bread Mat and rest in a warm place for 20 minutes.
the almonds to the dried fruit mix and sprinkle with a little extra flour.
the dough on the ThermoMat and spread the fruit mix on the top.
the dough into a sausage shape with the fruit inside. Cut in half to make two
small loaves or make one large one.
into a well greased round tin or two smaller ones and cover the top loosely
with foil to prevent the top becoming too dark. Bake for around 35 minutes
removing the foil after 10 minutes.
bread before spreading the icing on top and allowing it to run down the sides
to look like snow.
make icing, mill sugar for 10 seconds
on speed 9 and add other ingredients
and blend for 20 seconds on speed 4.
Other users also liked...
- Fruit Crumble Muffins
- Zesty ginger oat & coconut crunch
- Fluffiest Scones Ever
- Pumpkin Chai Doughnuts
- Banana, zucchini and plum bread
- Sticky Date Cake by Thermovic
- Linda's Mum's Lemon Jelly Cake
- Raspberry Friands
- Variation Chinese New Year - Peanut Cookies
- Banana fritters
- Quick Lime and Coconut Slice, Gluten Free and Diary Free
- Whole wheat pancakes
- Fermented cucumbers
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey
- Gut-nourishing choc-berry jellies - Kyra Miles
- Grain-free herb and sesame bread - Kyra Miles
- Date and cardamom tart - Fouad Kassab
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- Moroccan cauliflower 'çous cous' salad - Fouad Kassab
- Pierogi with saurkraut and mushroom filling
- Zucchini, Ham and Corn Bites
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon