- 125 g softened unsalted butter, chopped
- 125 g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 125 g self-raising flour
- 3 tablespoon Milk
- 350 g blackberries and/or raspberries
Preheat the oven to 190 degrees celcius.
2. Grease a 20cm Springform Cake Pan with butter, line the base with a circle of baking paper and grease this too.
3. Place butter and sugar into TM Bowl, beat on Speed 5 for 10 Seconds - until creamy.
4. Add eggs one at a time on Speed 5 for 25 Seconds.
5. Scrap down sides and blitz at Speed 7 for 1 - 2 Seconds.
6. Sift the flour into the bowl and Kneed for 12 Seconds.
7. Add milk to loosen the mixture and mix at Speed 2 for 10 Seconds. Then Kneed for 20 - 30 Seconds.
8. Tip batter into prepared Cake Pan.
9. Scatter berries over the uncooked cake.
10. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes, until golden on top and a skewer comes out clean.
11. Cool in Cak Pan for 5 minutes, then carefully release and cool completely on a wire rack.
Spotted Berry Sponge
Serve with clotted or thick cream :) Delish!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- 2-4-6-8 Cake (or Muffins)