- 100 g white sugar
- 1000 g water
- 1 lemon, zest only, no white pith
- 40 g lemon juice (approx. 1 lemon)
- 1 vanilla bean, split into halves lengthways
- 4 cardamon pods
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 2 slices fresh ginger (2-3 mm each), peeled
- 1 star anise
- 350 g quince (approx. 2-3 quinces), peeled, cored and cut into quarters
- butter, for greasing
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamon, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, plus extra for sprinkling
- 60 g blanched almonds
- 2 pieces orange zest (1 x 7 cm), no white pith
- 50 g white sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 80 g self-raising flour
- double cream or créme fraîche, to serve
1h 35minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place all ingredients, except quince, into mixing bowl. Insert simmering basket and weigh quince into it, then cook 20-25 min/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed "Gentle stir setting" , or until quince is soft. Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula. Transfer quince into a bowl and set aside. Transfer syrup into a seperate bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
2. Grease a round ceramic dish (18cm) thoroughly with butter and sprinkle with a little of the extra ground cardamon and cinnamon. Slice 1-3 steamed quince quarters into wedges (5mm each) and arrange in a circular pattern on the bottom of prepared dish. Place into Varoma dish and set aside.
3. Place almonds, orange zest and sugar into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
4. Add all remaining pudding ingredients, except double cream or créme fraîche, including reserved steamed quince wedges, and mix 5 sec/speed 4. Gently pour batter into dish over quinces. Grease a square of baking papper (large enough to fully cover top of pudding) with butter and cover dish (butter side down). Place a piece of aluminium foil over baking paper and ensure it is secure over pudding. Rinse mixing bowl.
5. Place reserved syrup into mixing bowl, place Varoma into position, secure Varoma lid and steam 30-40 min/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1, or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the pudding comes out clean. Set Varoma aside. Discard aluminium foil and baking paper.
6. Continue to cook syrup for a further 5-10 min/Varoma/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1, without measuring cup, unitl syrup has thickened to your liking. Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain syrup into a jug.
7. To serve, turn out pudding onto a serving plate and drizzle with some of the syrup. Serve with extra syrup and double cream or créme fraîche on the side.
Accessories you need
Covering the pudding with aluminium foil prevents condensed moisture from the Varoma lid dripping onto the pudding.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Banana and Nutella Bread
- Paleo No Bake Peanut Butter Slice
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Variation Honey Mustard Chicken
- Terri's Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Banana Cream Brûlée’s
- Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
- Lychee Apple Dream Cocktail
- Pineapple Cheesecake Jars
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup