- 150 g pitted dates, chopped
- 250 g Boiling water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50 g unsalted butter, softened
- 150 g white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g Flour, Plain
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g Soft brown sugar
- 50 g Shredded coconut
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 60 g full cream milk
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Grease a round spring form cake tin (I use 18cm) and line the bottom with baking paper.
2. Place a bowl on top of the mixing bowl lid. Weigh in chopped dates, and add boiling water and baking soda. Set bowl aside to cool.
3. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
4. Place butter and sugar into mixing bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 4.
5. Add egg and vanilla and mix 10 sec/speed 4.
6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl and add flour and baking powder.
7. Mix ingredients for 30 sec/speed 2 MC off, slowly adding liquid from date mixture into mixing bowl.
8. Add remaining date mixture and mix for 10 sec/speed 2/reverse (unless you like your dates chopped finely).
9. Transfer cake mixture into prepared cake tin and bake for 30 minutes.
10. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Start preparing your caramel topping with approximately 10 minutes to go.
1. Add all ingredients into mixing bowl and cook 6 mins/110 degrees/speed 1.5 MC off (replace with simmering basket).
2. Once cake is cooked, pour topping on top and grill in the oven until lightly brown.
Sticky Date Cake
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.