- 500 g strawberries, hulled & halved
- 2 tbsp Caster Sugar (or milled from raw)
- 340 g Self Raising Flour
- 100 g Butter, roughly chopped
- 110 g Caster Sugar (or milled from raw)
- 1 egg
- 200 g pure cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Bean Paste
Recipe is created for
Place strawberries in a separate bowl with caster sugar and stir.
Place, covered, in fridge until ready to serve
Preheat oven to 160 deg. (fan-forced). Grease and line a 20cm springform cake tin.
Place flour and butter in TM bowl and mix for 10 secs / sp 4 or until mixture resembles fine crumbs.
Add sugar and mix 5 secs / sp 4.
In a separate jug/bowl, lightly whisk egg, cream and vanilla bean paste to combine. Add to TM bowl and mix for 15 secs / sp 2. Knead for 1 min / until 'dough' just comes together.
(Dough will be quite 'stiff' in texture and try not to over-work, you are just aiming to bring it together)
Press 'dough'/cake mix into base of cake tin as evenly as possible and bake for 20 mins or until lightly golden and a skewer comes out dry when inserted in the middle. (If browning too quickly, cover top with a piece of baking paper or foil).
Cool in tin for 15 minutes, then remove and cool further. Serve, topped with EDC 'Whipped Cream' and strawberries.
You can use the flat surface at the top of your MC to help smooth the cake surface before placing in the oven to bake
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dark Chocolate Anzac Biscuits
- Raspberry White Chocolate Baked Cheesecake
- Christmas Pudding Bliss Balls
- Fig, Cranberry & Pistachio Turkey Roll
- Gluten Free Lemon Chia Slice
- Chocolate Chia Mousse
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 120 Gram Slice
- Rhubarb, Raspberry & White Chocolate Blondies
- Flourless Chocolate Whole Orange Cake
- Jerusalem Artichoke & Kipfler Soup
- Fennel, Apricot & Pistachio Salad Three Ways