- 500 grams plain flour
- 20 grams dried yeast, (1 satchet)
- 100 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 270 grams Luke Warm Water
- 50 grams Butter, cubed and at room temp
- 80 grams raw sugar
- 40 grams cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs, XL
- 500 grams Milk
- 2 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoon water
Add sugar and cornflour to the TM bowl. Mill 10 sec / speed 9.
Add vanilla essence, eggs and milk and cook 7 mins / 90oC / speed 4. Once cooked, transfer to a container to cool in the fridge.
Add flour, sugar, yeast and salt into the TM bowl and mix 45 sec / speed 3 with the lid off. During this time, slowly add the lukewarm water into the bowl through the MC opening.
Once all the water is added, mix the dough mixture for 10 sec / speed 6.
Add the butter and knead 1 min and 30 sec / / ensuring all the butter is kneaded into the dough. The dough will be very sticky and it has some elasticity to it.
Roll the dough and allow it to prove until doubled in size. Once proved, ‘punch down’ the dough and allow it to prove for a second time, only for approximately 15 minutes.
After the second proving is finished, portion 15 even sized dough balls and have your cooled custard ready for assembling.
Take a dough ball and flatten it into a circle and dollop custard into the centre. Pinch up the sides of the dough to completely enclose the custard filling.
Place the assembled bun, seam side down, onto a lined baking tray. Once all the buns have been assembled, place the baking tray into a cold oven and cook for 15 minutes at 180oC (preheating the oven not required).
Add water and sugar into the TM bowl and cook 2 mins / 100oC / speed 4. When the custard buns come out of the oven, brush the glaze on top of the buns while they are hot.
To Make the Custard...
To Make the Bread...
To Assemble and Cook the Buns...
To Glaze the Buns...
Accessories you need
After making the custard there is lots left over. Use this to make another batch of sweet custard buns or devour as is.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Coconut Slice
- Gingerbread sweet potato slice
- Chocolate Panforte
- Peanut butter short bread
- Nigella's Chocolate Gingerbread
- Double layer chocolate frosted Birthday cake
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- Choc Quinoa Brownie
- Easy Almond Bread/ Biscotti
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- American Banana Bread
- choc ripple truffle balls
- Caldaretta (Filipino Beef Stew)
- Chocolate Tagliatelle with Choc Hazelnut Sauce
- Pink Moscato Panna Cotta with Pistachios
- Creamy Lemon Butter Chicken
- Barbecue Pork Belly Skewers
- Crayfish Tails Steamed in Beer
- Mango Mousse Cups
- Chocolate Malteser Fudge
- Caramalised Onion and Blue Cheese Sauce
- Greek Chicken Pinwheels
- Brownie Batter Spread
- Sweet Filipino Spaghetti