- 200 gram Tangelo - Whole, Approx 2-3
- water, (to cover in small pot)
- 6 eggs
- 225 grams raw sugar
- 250 grams almond meal
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder.
- 2 heaped tablespoons chia seed
- 3 heaped tablespoons coconut descicated
Place Tangelo's into a pot & cover with water & boild for apporx 2 hours.
Drain & when cool, remove pips & cut in half , place all remaining Tangelo in to Thermomix bowl. (Depening on how tangy you like your cake, you can removed the skins but not nessesary)
Mix at sp8 sec15-20, until a thick smooth paste
(Paste Can be frozen at this point until cake preparation time)
Preheat over to 190 degrees.
Prepare cake tin or cupcake cases.
Put in bowl, Almond Meal, Sugar & baking powder, Mix sp5 sec5
Add eggs & Tangelo paste, Mix sp5 sec20
Add baking powder, chia seeds & coconut, Mix sp4 sec20
(can add a little water if mix gets too thick, but is meant to be a little thick mixture)
Scoop out into cake tin, or cup cake patties.
Bake cake for about 40mins, then cover with Alfoil (so not to burn top too much) & cook for a further 20mins.
Cupcakes cook for about 20mins, cover with alfoil , & cook for a further 15mins.
Once a skewer comes out of cake clean, it done.
Take out of the oven & let rest for 10mins
Then eat, searve or freeze.
Can make the paste ahead & freeze, or make a double batch & use when nessesary.
Can use other citrus fruit, but may need more sugar with lemons or oranges.
Adapted from a Nigella Lawson Recipe - Clementine Cake
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves
- Cherry & Apple Meringue Tart
- Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Donna Hays Raspberry sweet bread wreath
- Delicious Healthy Banana Muffins