- 250 grams whole Brazil nuts, shelled
- 250 grams walnut halves
- 125 grams mixed peel
- 150 grams pitted dates
- 100 grams raisins
- 200 grams mixed glace cherries
- 90 grams Glacé ginger
- 150 grams plain four
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 25 grams Cacao
- 120 grams sugar raw
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2h 20minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 120 degrees C
Line the base and sides of a loaf pan (approx. 22x14x8 cm)
To a clean, dry bowl add the sugar. Mill for 5 secs, speed 10.
Add the eggs, plain flour, baking powder, cacoa and vanilla essence to the sugar. Mix for 30 secs, speed 4.
Using the scales, weigh the fruit and nuts into a mixing bowl.
Reserve some fruit and nuts to top the cake when it is in the pan.
Using a spatula, scrape the mixture from the jug onto the fruit and nuts.
Hand mix until all the ingredients are combined, there should be a coating on all the fruit and nuts.
Pack mixture into the prepared loaf pan.
Top with reserved fruit and nuts, you may have to press these into the top of the mixture to make them stick.
Bake in the preheated oven until cooked, approximately 1.5 to 2 hours.
Remove from the oven, cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, remove from the pan and remove paper (if used).
Store in an airtight container or wrap in foil and refrigerate.
If using a silicone loaf pan you do not need to line it.
Using a cake tester to see if it is cooked sometimes works, unless you skewer a glaced piece of fruit.
I tried solely mixing this in the jug using but it didn't achieve the required result. Further development of this recipe will follow.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Breakfast Crumble
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Chocolate fudge cookies
- Nanna E, Raspberry Shortbread
- Low Fodmap Chocolate & Peppermint Slice Gluten Free Lactose Free
- Apple crumble cake
- Basic Buttercake (AWW) 1.5 quantities
- Banana & Zucchini Paleo Muffins
- Apricot, Coconut and Oat Slice
- Kylie's Brownies
- Grandma's Anzac Biscuits
- Jelly cakes
- Healthy up & run Smoothie
- F45 Cacao Bliss Balls
- Healthy Chocolate, Coconut & Date Bliss Balls
- Healthy Chocolates
- More Again Caramel Snickers
- Vegan Chocolate Chia Hemp Pudding
- Cacao Mint Snack Bars
- Raw Lamington Snack Bars
- Raw Choc Covered Christmas Pudds
- Superfood Chocolate Brownie Balls - Paleo & Vegan
- Raw Coconut Rough - paleo & vegan
- Chocolate & Peppermint Bliss Balls