- 1 level tbsp white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 --- Cup of soy milk
- 1 banana, (112g)
- 55 g coconut oil
- 1 level tsp vanilla extract or essence
- 200 g white sugar, Or caster sugar
- 3 level tsp baking powder
- 285 g plain flour, + 1 tsp for rolling blueberries in
- 1/2 level teaspoons salt
- 125 g fresh blueberries
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line or grease a 12 hole muffin tray.
Add vinegar or lemon juice into a bowl and add the soy milk. Set aside (this is vegan buttermilk).
Peel the banana and place into a separate bowl. Roughly mash it and then add the firm coconut oil to the banana and mash them together.
Add plain flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, vegan buttermilk mixture, banana/coconut oil mixture & vanilla essence to mixing bowl and mix for 12 seconds speed 4 MC on.
If around the edges of the bowl isn't completely combined push down with spatula around edges of bowl to incorporate and then mix again for 2 seconds speed 4 MC on.
Rinse blueberries and add them to a separate bowl. Place 1 Tsp of plain flour into blueberries and mix gently so they're all coated with flour. Add these blueberries to the mixing bowl and use spatula to gently combine by hand (leave any excess flour behind) The mixture will be thick, it's normal.
Spread the batter evenly in the muffin tray and cook for approx 30mins or until golden brown. Mine needed 40mins but every oven is different so just keep an eye on it.
Test it with a toothpick in the centre and if it comes out fairly clean it's ready.
leave in muffin tray for 10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for around 3 days or in the fridge for up to a week. They are also freezer friendly.
Accessories you need
Adapted from loving it vegan
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Quince conserve
- Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- The Best Ever Vegan Vegetable Bake
- Petite Vegan Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- Petite Vegan Vanilla Cake
- Not So Fried Rice
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- Lebanese Kafta
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Maccas Cheeseburgers