- 150 g pitted dates
- 250 g Boiling water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 215 g caster sugar
- 180 g Butter, room temperature
- 1 egg
- 225 g Self rising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Pear, peeled, cored and diced to approx 1 cm pieces
- 1 Pink Lady apple, peeled, cored and diced to approx 1 cm pieces
- 185 g Pouring Cream
- 200 g brown sugar, firmly packed
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a round 22cm (base measurement) cake pan with non-stick baking paper. Place Dates in Thermomix Bowl with boiling water and Soda. Set aside to cool. Mash for 10 seconds on speed 6.
- In Clean TM bowl beat the caster sugar and 125g of the butter with the butterfly for 50seconds speed 4. Beat in the egg. Sift the flour and cinnamon over the egg mixture. Speed 4 for 30 seconds Add the date mixture mix on speed 2 for about 20 seconds to fold until well combined. Pour 1/2 into the lined pan, add apples and pears then cover with remaining mixture. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Place the cream, brown sugar and remaining butter into TM bowl. Cook on speed 4 at 70 degrees for 5 minutes or until well combined.
- Slice the cake and drizzle over the warm toffee sauce to serve.
- Cool and Wrap for a treat for lunch boxes or after school.
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Accessories you need
- Cook's tip: Check the cake after 50 minutes - if it's too brown, cover with foil.
- If apples or pears are not very ripe cook in freezer bag in microwave for 2minutes on high.
Serving tip: Serve with double cream, vanilla ice-cream or custard
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Banana Muffins (Gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free, nut free)
- Knock your Socks Off Tivoli Road Banana Cake (Converts Beautifully to Gluten Free)
- GF Chocolate Peppermint Melting Moments