- 200 g Butter
- 130 g sugar
- 300 g Self Raising Flour
- 2 eggs
- 60 g Buttermilk or Milk
- 1 whole orange cut into quarters
- 10 g poppy seeds
1. Preheat oven to 170C (fan forced). Grease 12 cup muffin tray
2. Place quartered orange and butter into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides and mix for a further 7 sec/speed 8. Butter and orange should now be well combined (you will still see some orange peel through
the mixture but that is fine)
3. Add remaining ingredients and combine for 20 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides and combine for another 20 sec/speed 4. Check to make sure all
ingredients are well combined. You will find the mixture will be quite thick.
This is how it should be
4. Distrubute mixture evenly amoungst the greased 12 cup muffin pan, and
bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean or with crumbs, not
Whole Orange & Poppyseed Muffins
If you are using a larger 6 muffin tin to cook your muffins, increase your cooking
time to 30 mins, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean or with crumbs on it
(no wet mixture)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free
- Turkish Lentil Soup
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Hong Kong Egg Tart
- Easy Banana Choc Muffins
- Chestnut Swiss Roll
- Znoud el sit
- Best Ever Date Loaf
- Mumble Slice
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!