- 250 grams Self Raising Flour
- 250 grams softened butter
- 400 grams caster sugar
- 100 grams custard powder
- 4 eggs
- 250 grams buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat a fan forced oven to 160C.
- Place all ingredients in mixing bowl: 15 seconds/speed 5.
- Scrape batter down from the sides and mix: 15 seconds/speed 5.
- Pour into a greased and lined on the bottom of a 23 cm deep square tin. Cook 1 hour.
- Check cake with a skewer (it should come out clean). Bake for a further 5 to 10 minutes if required.
To make buttermilk add a tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice to a cup of milk and let it stand for a minute.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)
- Anzac Slice - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Nutella 'like' Bliss Balls
- Aunty Lizzy’s Butterscotch Tart
- Vegan Hummingbird cake
- Variation Dairy & Egg free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Apple Cinnamon Squares
- Annabel Langbein's Ultimate Chocolate Cake
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Dans Nuts. Doughnuts that is. Variation Jam Ball Donuts.
- Persimmon Pudding (Percy Pud)
- Ginger Bread Cupcakes
- Nutrient boosted banana bread
- Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes (Annabel Langbein)
- KFC Chicken at Home
- Buttermilk dumplings
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Fliss' TMShop-tin-sized fluffy white loaf
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Blueberry Muffins