- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence/Extract
- 85 grams sugar raw
- 250 grams Self Raising Flour
- 125 grams plain flour
- 125 grams custard powder
- 180 grams Butter
- 250 grams sugar raw
- 40 grams Butter, Room temperature
- 2 tsp Vanilla Ess/Extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
Recipe is created for
1. Put 335grams raw sugar into TM bowl, 20 seconds at Speed 10. Set aside
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
3. Measure the self raising flour, plain flour and custard powder into the TM bowl and sift on 30 seconds at Speed 3 to combine.
4. Place the flour mixture into a separate bowl and set aside.
5. Place the room temperature butter, vanilla essence and 85g of the set aside icing sugar in the TM bowl.
6. Beat on Speed 4 for approximately 1 minute or until the mixture is pale, fluffy and smooth.
7. Add the flour mixture and combine on Speed 1, slowly increasing to Speed 4 until smooth and completely combined (if your mixture is too sticky, add a little more flour).
8. Roll mixture into teaspoonful sized balls and place 5cm apart on the prepared baking trays.
9. Press the tops of the balls lightly with a fork.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until just lightly golden.
11. Leave to cool on the trays for 10 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. To make the filling, combine the butter and remaining icing sugar on Speed 4 until pale and smooth.
2. Add the vanilla essence and lemon juice.
3. Beat for 1 minute or until smooth and fluffy.
4. Join two biscuits together with 1tsp of filling.
5. Store in an airtight container.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.