- 2 litres Milk (Full Cream), Hilo also works well
- 20 g vinegar, White, malt, apple cider- all works well
- 1 pinch salt
1h 0minPreparation 40minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- 1. Heat 2L of milk to 100 degrees. Speed 3 100 degrees.
2. Make sure the milk has heated up to 100 degrees.
3. Pour 20g of vinegar in
4. Mix 10 seconds Speed 4
5. Leave for 10 mintues. This will give it time to seperate into the curd and whey.
6. While you are letting it sit, get the simmering basket out and put a milk cloth drapping over it (or paper towel)
7. Using a slotted spoon, pick up the bits of curd and place it into the milk cloth. Do it until there seems to be no curd in the liquid
8. Squeeze the curd together by gathering the milk cloth and pushing the liquid out.
9. Let the ricotta sit for 30 minutes.
10. Transfer ricotta into a air tight container and place in fridge.
I have eaten this fresh or even put it into pasta and gnochi recipes.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.