- 2 eggs
- salt, (To Taste)
- pepper, (To Taste)
- Fresh herbs, (Optional)
- 20 grams spinach, (Optional)
- toppings of choice
1. Wet and wring out Baking Paper sized to fit the Simmering (Rice) Basket. Place paper into the Basket so it slightly goes up the sides but doesn't block the side steam holes. Set the Basket aside.
2. Optional Step - Place a handful of Fresh Herbs into the Bowl. I used Parsley, Basil and Chives. Chop 2 sec / speed 7.
3. Optional Step - Add Spinach or mix of preferred toppings to Bowl. Chop 2-3 sec / speed 4. Scrape down sides of bowl.Some topping are suggested in Notes.
4. Add Eggs, Salt and Pepper to Bowl. 5 sec /speed 3.
5. Pour the mixture from the bowl into the paper lined Simmering Basket.
6. Rinse the bowl out and fill with 300g water. Insert Simmering Basket with lid and MC on. Varoma / 11 minutes / Speed 2.
Time will slightly vary depending on the types of toppings used. Adjust to suit/preference.
7. Lift out of the basket and use a spatula to slide the omelette off the baking paper and onto your plate.
Notes and Tips
I have shown a range option on the cooking time at step 6 as this will depend on the types and amount of toppings you choose to use. I found 11 minutes perfect with my favourite toppings below.
A little bit of condensation is normal.
I personally like to hand chop certain toppings for presentation and sprinkle on top of the egg mixture at step 5. I show the toppings chop method at step 3 for convenience.
My favourite topping combination is Spinach, Fresh Herbs, Feta, Ham and Mushroom. You could also try any combination of the following: spring onion, kale, capsicum, sundried tomato, olives, salami, mozzarella, parmesan, dried herbs. Anything you desire.
Like my page 'Kosi's Mix' on Facebook //www.facebook.com/pages/Kosis-Mix/114293402083479?ref=hl if you want to stay up to date with Thermie treats and recipe postings.
Omelette / Frittata
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot Truffles
- Creamy oats
- Turmeric oats
- The BEST shortcrust pastry
- The Daily Mix - Spreadable Butter
- 3 Ingredient Super Easy Sweet Chocolate Coconut Bliss Balls
- Palla di Mozzarella
- Honey, Date, Goji Berry, Oat & Almond Energy Bars
- Vegan mayo
- Pancakes (Buttermilk) fit for the AIS
- Museli Balls
- Celebration Cookies
- Ham, Lentil & Kale Soup
- Cauliflower and Cumin Fritters
- Peanut Butter and Coconut Cream Ganache / Icing
- Raspberry and Banana Breakfast Loaf
- Perfectly Poached Eggs
- Magic Bean Cheesecake Balls
- Beetroot Brownies
- Pear Tart Fresh and Light (Donna Hay)
- Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi with Leek, Tomato, Capsicum Sauce
- Chicken, Rice and Greens Soup
- Mango Magic Smoothie
- Pork Fritters
- Mexican Chicken Parmigiana
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Fair Dinkum Beef pies
- Variation Thermonat's chicken pie
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread
- Vanilla Chai Spice Mix
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Pear
- Black Buger Buns
- Eggless Double Chocolate Choc Chip Cookies