- 1 Cup rolled oats
- 1 Cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon ghee or butter
- 1 clove garlic, peeled (or 2 for garlic lovers!)
- 4 shallots, roughly chopped
- 2 cups homemade chicken broth, (or beef or fish)
- 1-2 teaspoon Maple syrup, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, (if your broth is unseasoned)
- white pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoon Butter, for garnish
- additional options:, mushrooms, herbs, leftover veggies or meat, miso
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Night prior (optional): Soak the oats in water and vinegar, covered, at room temperature. Rinsing them the next morning will give a much more delicate texture, but isn't required to remove the anti-nutrients.
2. Place the garlic, shallots, ghee (and any herbs you might like to add) in the TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down.
3. With the MC off, saute for 3 minutes, varoma, speed 1. Then add the broth, maple syrup, salt and pepper (along with any leftover meat or vegetables) and cook, with MC in place, for 15 minutes, varoma, reverse speed 2.
4. Whilst this is happening - and this step is completely optional - I love to saute some thinly sliced mushrooms and whatever herbs I have on hand over high heat on the stove to use as a garnish.
5. In any case, garnish with an additional teaspoon of butter and a sprinkling of herbs and enjoy!
This Thermomix porridge recipe is versatile enough to use with any leftover meat or vegetables and you can also substitute the oats for any other grains.
If you'd like to read more on the nutritional benefits then take a look at this link to my blog: //stirringchange.com/2016/01/25/thermomix-porridge-recipe-a-savoury-twist/
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pancakes (Buttermilk) fit for the AIS
- Museli Balls
- Varoma Porridge for one
- Perfect Pizza Dough - one serving
- Banana Pikelets
- Basic chilli paste/oil
- Quinoa Granola
- Lemon Coconut Protein Balls
- Easy 11 minute lunchbox combo - protein carbs and veggies!
- Bulk Condensed Milk- with fresh milk
- Garlic and honey sandwich pickles
- Mash and steamed veg
- ANZAC Choccy Biccy Balls
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Real Chocolate Brownies (LCHF)
- Aunty CECELIA's mango macadamia cheesecake recipe
- Parmigiana Sauce
- Musk Fudge
- Nuts and Bolts (Dairy Free)
- Simple Carrot Salad
- CORNED MEAT, VEGIES & WHITE SAUCE
- Triple-Choc Blueberry and Zucchini Smoothie Bowl