- 1 bunch herbs eg parsley, oregano and basil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion quartered
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 800 grams chopped tomatoes, Fresh or tinned. I use half and half for best result
- 200 grams water, approx
- 75 grams olive oil, approx
- 100 grams tomato paste
- 2 heaped tablespoons sugar raw
- 1 to 2 heaped teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1 level teaspoon TM vegie stock concentrate
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, to taste
Place garlic, onion, carrots and herbs into TM bowl and pulverise for about 20 seconds on speed 8.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add oil
Saute for 5 mins 100deg speed 2
Add all other ingredients and cook 30 mins on varoma on
Use the basket instead of the MC to help with sauce spitting. Although I like to steam meatballs in the varoma for 30 minutes above it while the sauce cooks and this works well.
Pour into sterilzed jars.
Cook a little longer to make thicker and if you wish to make tomato paste.
This makes approximately 2 x 500 g jars for me and so far it keeps for up to 2 weeks but I haven't kept it any longer.
use sundried tomatoes pulverised as alternative to tomato paste!
recipe can be halved.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tumeric Cubes
- Ginger Cubes
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix
- Pot set yoghurt
- The Fast 800 Cowboy Baked Beans converted by Thermo-lish
- The Fast 800 Pear & Cinnamon Porridge converted by Thermo-lish
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Linda’s Protein Balls
- Super Easy ~ Thick & Creamy Coconut Cream Yoghurt TM6 ~ $10.60 per 1 Litre
- Taco seasoning
- Banana pancakes
- Healthy Chocolate, Raspberry and Blueberry muffins
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Bulgolgi (Korean Beef)
- Super Hot Chilli Jam
- Lahme bajin dough recipe
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Reduced Sugar Dairy Free Brownies (GF)
- One Minute Snickers from Wholefood Simply
- American Banana Bread
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting