- 3 cups cooked popcorn, = about 45g popped, about 1/3 cup unpopped
- 110 g Butter
- 250ml Milk
- 2 level teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 eggs
- 1 level tablespoon dried yeast
- 500 g Baker's Flour
- 1.5 level teaspoons bread improver
- 1 level teaspoons brewing sugar, (optional)
- 2 level teaspoons salt
- 25 g butter, melted, extra, to brush on baked loaf (optional)
- 1. Add popcorn to the
2. Melt the butter in the microwave and stir in the milk, eggs & yolk.
3. Add to the along with the caster sugar and yeast.
4. Return the popcorn dust and add the remaining ingredients, in the order listed.
5. Blend briefly sp7/10 seconds.
6. Knead 5 minutes.
7. Prove in a Thermomat or covered greased bowl, for app. 30 minutes.
8. Punch down and place into your prepared bread tin.
9. Cover and prove again for 30 minutes app. until doubled. Preheat the oven to 180°C during this time.
10. Bake for 25 minutes or until cooked when tested.
11. Cool on a wire rack. , insert the MC, and blitz sp10/10 secs. Scrape. Repeat 3 more times. Take care when opening the lid as there will be a lot of fine dust flying around. Tap on the lid lightly to settle the contents, before opening each time. Set aside.
Accessories you need
This gorgeous bread toasts up all crunchy and is wonderful with jam, honey or any of your favourite spreads.
Inspired by a recipe from BH&G.
Join my FaceBook team Thermify me and Thermify me Breadwinners, for more great recipes, tips and cooking class schedules for the Gold Coast.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brötchen (German bread rolls)
- GLUTEN FREE CRUMPETS
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- Blueberry jam
- Aussie Potato Cakes
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Mixed berry Cheesecake trifle
- Mini cheesecake tarts 2 ways.
- Blueberry and Banana Cake
- Layelle's Mahlabia (Milk pudding)
- Wholefood Cacao / Hot Chocolate
- Macadamia Parmesan
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Tomato Sauce
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Cinnamon Star Bread
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup