- 220 grams rice, (I used black and red however basmati and brown could be used also)
- 80 grams quinoa seed
- 40 grams raw buckwheat kernels and dried chickpeas
- 140 grams cornflour/arrowroot flour
- 40 grams seeds of your choice, (I used chia and linseeds)
- 2 teaspoons Xantham Gum/guar gum
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1-2 pinch salt
- 30 grams Rapadura or Raw Sugar, (honey could also be used)
- 400 grams lukewarm water
- 30 grams olive oil (or any vegetable/nut oil)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (white or apple cider)
- 2 eggs
- 150 grams raisins
- 1 --- handful sunflower seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon and ground ginger, (nutmeg and allspice could also be used)
- 1 apple, cored and sliced relatively thinly
- extra sugar and cinnamon
- 1. Place rice, quinoa, chickpeas and buckwheat in TM bowl and mill on speed 9 for 1 minute to make flour.
- 2. Add cornflour, seeds, xanthan gum, yeast, salt, sugar (if using honey add in the next step) and spices and mix on speed 4 for 15 seconds.
- 3. Add honey (if using), water, oil, vinegar and eggs and mix for approx 30 seconds on speed 5-6, until all ingredients are thoroughly combined. You may need slightly more water if the mixture isn't looking like a 'tornado/vortex'!!
- 4. Add raisins and sunflower kernels and mix on REVERSE for a further 20 seconds on speed 4-5 or until thoroughly combined.
- 5. Pour half the mixture into a greased deep loaf pan. Line the top with sliced apple. Cover with remaining mixture and top with extra ground cinnamon and sugar.
- 6. Leave for 30 minutes to rise and turn oven on 180 degrees to preheat while the loaf is rising.
- 7. Place loaf in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until cooked. Turn out onto a cooling rack immediately.
The base of this recipe is from Cyndi Omearas gluten free loaf recipe in the gluten free Thermomix cookbook
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Raspberry Coconut Slice (gluten free)
- Nut and gluten free fudgy chocolate brownie slice
- Black rice, seed and choc chip cookies - gluten and nut free
- Raw cashew, cacao and coconut oil truffle coated in dark chocolate
- Almond and coconut balls (Ferrero Raffaello style!)
- Gluten Free Kahlua Christmas Cake
- Choc caramel puddings (gluten free)
- Apple Hazelnut cake
- Healthy grain cherry macaroon cake
- Brown rice and quinoa baby rusks
- Gluten free profiteroles
- 'Sausage' rolls
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- BBQ Smokey Sauce
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Salted Caramel Baileys, Cocopops and Nutella Milkshakes
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Velvet Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Tomato Ketchup
- Garlic and Caper Aioli
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Banana & Zucchini Paleo Muffins