- 500 grams bakers flour
- 20 grams fresh yeast
- 115 grams caster sugar, decided
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- .5 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- .5 teaspoon ground cloves
- pinch salt
- 50 grams Butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste
- 250 grams Milk, divided
- 150 grams chocolate chips, dark, milk, white
- 150 grams dried fruit mix
- 40 grams plain flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- 115 grams caster sugar
- 125 grams water
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
2h 0minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Mill sugar into Caster Sugar. Set aside.
In TM bowl add yeast 50g milk & 5g sugar, 2 Minutes, 37C, Speed 2.
Let to sit 5 Minutes.
Whisk in cooled melted butter, eggs and vanilla. 10 Seconds, Speed 4.
Combine flour, spices and salt and mix until combined.
Knead for 5 minutes until smooth.
Transfer dough to a large bowl, cover with cling wrap and set aside to rise for 60 Minutes in a warm place.
Or wrap in thermomat sitting in the base of the Varoma over TM bowl with 1 litre water set at 60 Minutes, 40C, Speed 1.
Once risen, turn dough onto lightly floured bench top and gently knead in raisins/sultanas and chocolate.
Return to the bowl, cover and allow to rise for another 30 minutes.
Or wrap in thermomat sitting in the base of the Varoma over TM bowl with 1 litre water set at 30 Minutes, 40C, Speed 1.
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
Roll dough into 24 equal-sized balls and place on baking tray close together, in a circle.
Prepare crosses by combining flour and water until smooth, then transfer to a snap lock bog with the corner cut or piping bag and pipe crosses onto the buns.
Set aside to rise for a final 30 Minutes, then bake for 25-30 Minutes until golden.
While buns are cooking, clean bowl and make vanilla glaze by combining water and sugar in bowl and bring to the boil.
Reduce heat and simmer until sugar has dissolved, remove from heat and mix through vanilla bean paste.
Brush over buns immediately after removing them from the oven.
Allow buns to cool slightly then serve.
CHOCOLATE CHIP HOT CROSS BUNS WITH VANILLA GLAZE
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C.
We use Australian tablespoons and cups:
1 teaspoon equals 5 ml;
1 tablespoon equals 20 ml;
1 cup equals 250 ml.
All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed.
All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified.
All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fruit Bread
- Nutty Low Carb Bread
- Japanese milk bread
- Challah (traditional Jewish celebratory plaited loaf)
- Scrolls (Lactose Free)
- German spelt bread
- Wholemeal Spinach and Cheese Scroll - WA School Canteen Approved (Green)
- Milk loaf
- Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- Ruth’s Sourdough Rye Turkish Bread
- Black Buger Buns
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- Grantham Ginger Crunchies
- Butterscotch Cream Ice-Cream
- FRESH CHERRY ICE CREAM
- Crayfish and Prawn Dip
- Piri Piri Seasoning
- Slow-Cooked Beef Curry
- GARLIC PRAWN & CRAB DIP
- Vegetarian Chicken Flavoured Stock Powder
- Osram’s Christmas Nuts & Bolts
- Chillied Corn Fritters
- CANDIED MANDARIN PEEL
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Paleo, egg free, AIP
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Banana Nut Bread
- Tuna Mornay
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan