- 100 g Whole grains (Wheat, spelt, buckwheat etc)
- 420 g lukewarm water
- 2 tsp instant yeast, or 20g fresh yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 20 g chia seed, soaked in an additional 20g warm water
- 500 g white bakers flour
- 1/2 tsp Vit C powder (ascorbic acid)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon mixed kibble, (optional for a multigrain loaf)
- 1 tsp salt
Soak chia seed in the 20g water, and set aside. Meanwhile weigh 100g of chosen wholegrains into your TM bowl. Mill 1min/speed 9. Set aside.
Weigh in lukewarm water, sugar and yeast. Mix 20sec/speed2.
Add in remaining ingredients, including the reserved milled grains and soaked chia seed. Mix 6sec/speed 6. Then leave to rest for 2min.
Knead for 5min/"Dough mode"
Empty dough onto Thermomat or a floured surface. Give a light hand knead and shape into a ball. Wrap in thermomat or place into an oiled bowl. Leave in a warm area it prove until doubled in size.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees (or 180 fan forced). Lightly knead your dough, shape and place into an oiled extra large bread tin.
Spray surface with water and leave to prove in a warm area until the dough has reached the top of the tin. If surface has dried, spray with water again. You can here add any seed of choice to the top of the bread.
Bake for 30-40min until golden brown and a hollow sound is heard when the bread is tapped underneath.
Leave bread to rest for at least 1hr before cutting to allow the steam to finish working.
Accessories you need
If using cold water with the yeast, you can help activate the yeast by heating for 2min/37degrees/speed 2.
This recipe is suitable for both TM31 and TM5.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- JUMBO BREAD LOAF
- Maltese Galletti
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Vegan Creamy tomato and pepperoni fettuccine
- Caster Sugar (using white sugar)
- Easy peasy Apple cinnamon scrolls
- Bruschetta spread
- Lemon Cordial
- Devilled Chicken