- 300 grams water
- 10 grams Yeast
- 10 grams honey
- 450 grams plain flour
- 10 grams salt
- Flavored oil, See Thermohow&amp;amp;#039;s &amp;amp;quot;Garlic and Rosemary Oil&amp;amp;quot;
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- olive oil
- Large mixing bowl
- Gladwrap/cling film
- Large round baking tray
1. Put water into the TM bowl. You need to heat it to 37*C, so put it 37*/2 minutes/speed 1. If the light on 37*C has not lit up after 2 minutes, put it on 37*/1 minutes/speed 1 again until it does light up.
2. Add the yeast and honey to the TM bowl. Mix 37*C/1 minutes/speed 1.
3. Add the flour first, then add the salt. Knead for 6 minutes at 37*.
4. Take dough out of the TM bowl. Shape into a ball and cover with some oil to stop it drying out. Place it into a large bowl and cover with gladwrap/cling film in a warm place. Leave it for an hour or until doubled in size.
5. After the dough has doubled, knead it for about 30 seconds. You don’t want to overwork the dough.
6. Put the dough into the round pan you will be baking it in. Spread it out so it fills the pan. Cover again with a bit more oil to stop it drying out. Cover with gladwrap/ cling film and leave for 30 minutes.
7. After 20 minutes, preheat your oven to 160*C.
8. Brush the dough with the flavoured oil (See the Thermohow recipe for Garlic and Rosemary Oil). Sprinkle the sea salt over the dough. Use your fingers to gently make indents into the top of the focaccia.
9. Place pan in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Remove focaccia from the pan and place on a wire rack to cool.
11. Serve with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, or antipasto platter.
12. Store in an airtight container, or can also be frozen.
See Thermohow's recipe for "Garlic and Rosemary Oil"
Visit www.thermohow.com for a great "how to" video showing you how to make this fantastic focaccia
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto LCHF seed Crackers
- Pretty Corgette Pickle
- Omelet In A Bun
- Apple Crumble Tea Cake
- Variation Best Ever Oil Free Hummus
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- Swiss Chocolate Slice
- 19 Spritzer
- Rima’s Lebanese Rice
- Chicken & Sweetcorn Soup
- Expresso Martini with Dalgona Coffee whip
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs