- 350-400 grams broccoli, broken into 3cm florets
- 170 grams Organic coconut oil, melted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 60 grams onions, caramelised,(Cookidoo)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 7 eggs, large
- 100 grams Coconut Flour
- 7 grams Baking Powder, gluten free
- 7 grams Himalayan salt
- 10 grams sesame seeds
- 10 grams Organic coconut oil, extra
- Put 500ml water into
Optional: At this stage you can put broccoli into a icebath - bowl of cold filtered water with ice cubes, this helps retain colour and stop cooking process (drain well before adding to batter), or if you prefer, just remove broccoli from basket to cool and set aside., place broccoli florets into steam basket. Steam 8mins/Varoma/speed2.5
- Add garlic and rosemary to
Cook 3mins/120degrees/ . chop, 3secs/speed7. Scrape down bowl and add 10grams coconut oil.
- Add pre cooked caramelised onions, eggs, remaining coconut oil coconut flour, baking powder, himalalyan salt and mix 10seconds/ /speed4 or until combined.
- Add cooked and drained broccoli and stir throughly to combine with spatula.
Pour batter into prepared loaf tin and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cook 45mins until firm, golden and inserted skewer comes out clean.
Cool slightly before removing from loaf tin and cool on wire rack.
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week, freezes well for a few months.
Preheat oven to 180℃ and line a 24cm loaf tin
Accessories you need
Use 60g caramelised onion made from cookidoo https://cookidoo.com.au/recipes/recipe/en-AU/r494055
If you haven't used coconut flour before it absorbs moisture quickly, so it can become thick quickly. Fold through broccolii quickly and you can press into loaf tin so it is even.
This is delicious and a new favorite for us I hope you enjoy it. It was converted and changed from a Luke Hines cauliflower bread recipe.
I prefer deodorised coconut oil as it does't have a strong coconut flavour. You can find it at most health food shops and is available now in most supermarkets.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.