- 200 g lukewarm water
- 2 level tsp dried instant yeast
- 30 g white sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 level tsp green tea powder
- 30 g vegetable oil
- 380 g Baker's Flour
- 600 g cold water, for steaming
- 16 pieces Greaseproof Paper, for use as base - cut into small squares (4x4cm)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add water, yeast & sugar into the TM bowl and mix for 2 mins at 37C on SP2.
- Add the salt, oil and flour and mix for 6 seconds on SP6.
- Knead the dough for 2 minutes and remove from bowl. Wrap the dough in the Thermomat and let it rest for at least 40 minues before shaping.
- Divide the dough into half and roll it flat to about 0.5 cm and use a 7cm cookie cutter to cut into smaller rounds.
- Shaping as Roses - Place 5 pieces of cut dough on top of each (overlapping in the middle) and space them to about 15-20 cm wide. Gently push the dough into a roll and cut into half to give you two roses. Place the greaseproof paper at the bottom and arrange them in the Varoma dish and tray.
- Let the dough rest and proof for about 15 minutes. When ready, place the Varoma dish & tray and lid on top of the bowl and steam them for 16 minutes on Varoma & SP4.
- Once ready, rest for 5 minutes and serve it warm as it is or with your favourite Coconut Jam (Kaya).
Preparing the dough
For Other Shapes:
Alternatively, divide the dough into 2 portions and roll out one at a time. Roll the dough into a flat rectangular shape. Slow roll the dough into a cylindrical shape. Cut the dough into smaller pieces and place on top of the greaseproof paper and proof it in the Varoma dish and tray for about 15 minutes before steaming them.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simple Mantou (Steam Bread)
- Pumpkin Mantou (Steam Bread)
- Pandan Coconut Jam (Kaya)
- Green Tea Mantou (Steam Bread - Mantou)
- Kampung Fried Rice (Village style fried rice)
- Curry Puffs
- Hainanese Chicken Rice (Fast & Easy)
- Tom Yum Fried Noodles (Rice Vermicelli)
- Moon cake Mixed Nuts
- Korean Bibimbap Sauce
- Korean Bibimbap (Mixed Rice with Meat and Assorted Vegetables)
- Easy Fried Noodles (Hokkien Mee- KL Hawker Style)
- Ketchup - Sugar Free
- Simple Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- Churros - Gluten free
- Vegan Pesto
- Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Caramel butterscotch scrolls
- Sweet Vanilla and Orange Trail Mix