- 250 grams wholemeal flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 80 grams currants or sultanas, (1/2 cup)
- 118 grams Milk, (1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 --- eggs, (one for glaze)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice(fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 orange (zested)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1) Preheat oven to 180C and line baking tray with baking paper
2) Place the flour, cinnamon, ground ginger, baking powder, baking soda and currants (or sultanas) in a large bowl and mix 10sec / speed 3 then put this aside
3) In the TM Bowl, place the milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla extract. orange zet and one egg. Mix 15 sec / speed 4.5 mixture should be well combined and 'fluffy'
4) Add the dry ingredients to the bowl and mix 10 sec / dough (the dough will be sticky)
5) Turn the dough out onto a clean bench that has been lightly dusted with flour. Divide the dough into 10 equal pieces and using floured hands form the dough into round buns. Place the buns on the prepared baking tray.
6) clean and dry your tm bowl.Whisk the second egg 10 sec / speed 4 using the pastry brush, lightly brush the top of the buns with the whisked egg
7) For the Cross:
Mix 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of cacao powder together 10 sec / 20 / speed 3. Spoon the paste into a snap lock bag and cut off a small bit of 1 corner of the bag. Pipe crosses over the top of the buns before baking.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through
Healthy Hot Cross Buns
Enjoy hot out of the oven or in a sandwhich press
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Orange and Coconut Granola by Jess Sepel
- American Banana Bread
- choc ripple truffle balls
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Carrot Fruit Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gluten Free Cornflake Bikkies
- Best Ever Aussie pumpkin pie
- Vegan Veggie Rolls (Moderate RPAH diet)
- Jaffa Slice
- Indian rice pudding
- White Chocolate, Cherry Brandy Balls